Friday, January 19, 2007

Vegan Lunch Box Playlist

David at the Largehearted Boy music blog asked me if I would be interested in taking part in his "Book Notes" feature. In "Book Notes", David asks authors to create a list of songs that relate in some way to their book -- an imaginary soundtrack, music that has inspired the book, or music that has been featured in the book.

I must admit that I spent waaaay too much late night time on the computer putting this together, but what a lot of fun it was! I wanted to put together a list of songs that was bubbly, fun, kid-friendly, and smile-inducing -- the same way I think about my lunch boxes!

Read all about my song choices at Largehearted Boy, then listen to samples using the iMix screen below.

While you're at it, you might also want to check out the "Book Notes" playlist for Vegan With A Vengeance.

8 comments:

DailySAHM said...

As a TMBG fan I was thrilled to see two of their songs on your list! Does your son have the two CDs for kids - Bed, Bed, Bed and No!?

Eleni Binge said...

nice list...what a great idea. If you like bouncy, such as tmbg, I think you (and Shmoo) will appreciate Harry and the Potters:
http://www.myspace.com/harryandthepotters

They write songs based on, as might be guessed, Harry Potter books, and play at libraries across the US for kids. They were just here in Durham.

--eleni binge

J said...

I just got your cookbook and wanted to thank you for having an allergen section! Such a big help! I'm so used to making gluten-free subs in my head, but this really was a great surprise.

NightOwl said...

I just love that you have Charles Trenet on there!

Sheree' said...

What a cool thing to be part of Jen. I love it. I made your lentil and rice meatballs yesterday for this weeks menu. We are having spaghetti and "meatballs" and "meatball" hoggies this week. Yumo! I featured your recipe on my blog this week. Thanks for your yummy recipes.

Virginia said...

What about the theme song from the show "Veggie Tales"?? It is a religious-based show, but the theme song sings only about broccoli, celery, tomatoes, potatoes, and squash! :o)

Jennifershmoo said...

>>What about the theme song from the show "Veggie Tales"

Oh yeah, I like that one, too! My favorite pro-veggies song is "Captain Vegetable" from Sesame Street.

Jennifershmoo said...

>>I got the Flax cookbook and made the baked falafel and it came out really dry! Do you have the same problem? I really want this to work!

Sorry I didn't answer this one sooner -- No, I don't remember finding them too dry. Maybe you can add a bit of liquid to the mix, or top each falafel with a drizzle of olive oil before baking (which I did). Hope that helps!